The Liebster Award Allegedly Responsible For Cat Suicide Around The World.
Las Vegas. It has just been announced, via CNN, that The Daily Informant has been nominated for The Liebster Award by Jodi Lea. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, it’s also a great way to discover up and coming bloggers.
After the media announced the nomination, cats around the world staged mass suicides to protest the nomination. One cat, known only as, Mr Fuzzy Bottoms uploaded a video on YouTube of the catastrophe.
Here is the link. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS GRAPHIC SCENES OF VIOLENCE AND IS NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED.
After being hunted down by the press for a statement, the cats finally held a press conference late last night at Mr Fuzzy Bottoms house and they had this to say:
According to the rules, upon receiving the nomination you are required to do the following:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominated
- Inform the bloggers you choose.
This was The Daily Informant’s response:
11 Things You Wish You Didn’t Know About Me:
- As a child, I watched Pinky and the Brain a lot. I studied all their mistakes, I will not make the same mistakes!
- I use commas a lot, that’s, just the way I speak, so, that’s how I write.
- I already have a plan of action for when I take over the world, and when that day comes, the Gods themselves couldn’t save you!
- I love cats. Not because they’re cute and cuddly. But because they don’t seem to love you as much as you love them.
- I’m the one who made that weird sound you heard in bed last night. Good luck sleeping tonight!
- I’m afraid of spiders, but then again, who isn’t?
- I’ve changed career paths more than I’d like to admit. Everything from astronaut to engineer to gourmet chef.
- I once won a Nobel peace prize but they took it back when I made a joke about invading Canada.
- If there were Procrastination Awards, I’d win a gold medal. Few people can really appreciate what an art procrastination is.
- I sleep during the day, and stay up all night.
- When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be an astronaut. But then I read this book:
11 Questions Asked by Jodi Lea From Jodi Lea’s Place:
Q. As a kid (or older) when you pretended to be someone else, who were you and why did you want to be them?
A. Tarzan. I loved that feeling of freedom Tarzan had when he was swinging through the trees.
Q. Have you had your “15-minutes of fame” yet? How did it happen? (If it hasn’t happened, how would you like it to happen?)
A. No. I would like to prevent the assassination of the president.
Q. If you could change one thing about your personality – what would it be and why?
A. I’m not sure. People don’t really come out and tell you that they don’t like something about you, so it’s really hard to know what people don’t like about you.
Q. What was the last novel you read? Would you recommend it?
Q. Who was/is your favorite teacher, and why?
A. My Biology teacher. She saw potential in me.
Q. Besides writing, tell us about one of your other talents.
A. I can go for days without eating, and not even get hungry. That might not be a talent now, but try getting stuck in the middle of the desert with me and we’ll see who’s talented.
Q. Where were you when President Kennedy was shot?
A. President Kennedy was shot in 1963! How old do you think I am?
Q. You wrote a novel about your life growing up, and now Hollywood is making a movie based on that novel. Which actor/actress would you want to play you, and why?
A. Tom Hardy. I need to look good in the movie.
Q. What was your favorite TV show when you were in grade school? What about now?
Q. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- People who talk during a movie. Just shut the F**k up!
- Waiting in long lines.
- Ignorant people.
Q. Do you like your first name? If not, what would you change it to?
A. No! I’d change it to Snake. Now that’s a bad-ass name!
And the blogs nominated by The Daily Informant are:
- The Daily Grind
- Ocean of Thought
- The Great American Memoir
- The Universe and Me
- Simply drawing life…
- Love at First Book
- My Last Year of Childhood
- Bond Girl Goes To Heaven
- The Lifestyle of Art…
- Just East Of Eden
Here are the 11 questions for the nominees:
- Who or what inspires you and why?
- Whats your favorite movie and favorite TV series.
- You have the choice to live with a gorilla who knows sign language or a dog who sings lullabies, which do you choose? Why?
- You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without taking a bath?
- If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you do?
- You have the opportunity to sleep with the any celebrity of your choice. Who would it be and why?
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?
- If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why?
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- The Angel Of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel Of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you die. What do you do in that half-hour?